Module ID: JMW 009: Fertilise soil and attend to basic Cannabis plant/crop nutrition
NQF Level 1 | 5 Credits | ZAR 1 750
A learner achieving this learning program will be able to apply soil nutrient preparations in a safe, effective, and responsible manner to the benefit of Cannabis plant/crop growth.
Learners will gain specific knowledge and skills in soil fertilisation plant/crop nutrition and will be able to operate in a Cannabis plant/crop production environment implementing sustainable and economically viable production principles.
They will be capacitated to gain access to the mainstream agricultural sector, in Cannabis plant/crop production, impacting directly on the sustainability of the sub-sector. The improvement in production technology will also have a direct impact on the improvement of agricultural productivity of the Cannabis Sector.
The qualifying learner is able to:
- Apply appropriate nutrient substances to soils or Cannabis crops under close supervision.
- Understand how to make compost and when to use it.
- Identify basic symptoms of nutritional deficiencies in different Cannabis crops.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of soil properties.
- Apply soil preparation tasks that require hand-held tools and low-technology ploughing implements.
Note: It is highly recommended where possible, that learners completing this specialization should be computer literate. However due to the limited availability of computers in certain areas, the inclusion of compulsory computer literacy unit standards within the elective component may prevent learners from completing their qualification.
View CANNABIS PRODUCTION