Module ID: JMW 004: Demonstrate basic understanding of the Primary labour legislation that impacts on a Medical Cannabis business unit
NQF Level 4 | 8 Credits | ZAR 4 000
This learning program is intended for managers of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger organisations in the Cannabis Sector. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small business, cost centre, section or department.
Junior managers include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The position or term is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Identifying legislation that that regulates employment issues.
- Understanding of the main aspects of the Labour Relations Act (LRA) as amended, that relate to the management of a business unit.
- Explaining the requirements of the LRA in respect of interviews.
- Understanding the main aspects applicable to labour legislation and the Cannabis Sector.
- Understanding of the main aspects of the Drugs of Abuse Cannabis Regulations, 2020.
Note: It is highly recommended where possible, that learners completing this specialization should be computer literate. However due to the limited availability of computers in certain areas, the inclusion of compulsory computer literacy unit standards within the elective component may prevent learners from completing their qualification.