ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT ELEMENT
The success of Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD) lies in nurturing, supporting and developing black owned businesses and entrepreneurs. Without assistance, as many as 70% of small, medium and micro enterprises (SMME’s) in South Africa fail in their first two years of existence.
To ensure sustainability, these businesses need the support and guidance of a knowledgeable, established and a well-connected ESD organisation such as The Cannabis Institute and meaningful access to procurement opportunities.
Collaboration has been key to our success. By partnering with the Cannabis Private sector and an accredited Skills Development Provider, the enterprise and supplier development can continue to be a transformative tool to build a resilient South African economy that creates a sustainable economy for all.
Our Service Level Agreement with our Strategic Partners outlines the opportunities in Enterprise and Supplier Development afforded by the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice and how as an entrepreneur, mentor, donor or procurement professional you can benefit by partnering with The Cannabis Institute.
Our MoU focuses on promoting entrepreneurship’s as a route to achieving economic freedom and providing SMME’s and privately owned businesses with the support they need to become successful and sustainable.
This is achieved by:
- Promoting entrepreneurship as a desirable career choice by profiling through the Direct Sales Agent Program (DSA Program).
- Nurturing qualifying applicants by providing incubators with virtual office infrastructure, professional services and a mentorship and training program at highly subsidised rates.
- Creating employment opportunities by recruiting and supporting those businesses which have the potential to each generate at least four jobs.
- Enabling procurement opportunities for emerging 100% black owned businesses through our Procurement Database.
- Growing the knowledge and quality of our service offering by accurately measuring, monitoring and reporting on all we do.