Course Title: MONITOR WATER QUALITY
Unit Standard: 116077
NQF Level: 2
Duration: 3 days
Delivery Mode: Online
- Additional Resources
- Portfolio Of Evidence
- Learner Support
- Assessment of POE
Support will be offered to students by way of electronic assistance. This support relates only to the course material covered.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The learner achieving this unit standard will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of water quality to agriculture and to monitor and maintain water quality using established procedures. In addition they will be well positioned to extend their learning and practice into other areas of agriculture and water management.
Learners will gain an understanding of sustainable agricultural practices as applied in the animal-, plant and mixed farming sub fields. The application of maintaining water quality practices in primary agriculture is focussed on in this unit standard.
They will be able to participate in, undertake and plan farming practices with knowledge of their environment. A culture of maintenance and care will be instilled for both the environment as well as towards farming infrastructure and operations by this unit standard.
- Demonstrate an understanding of water quality management.
- An understanding is demonstrated of the effects of certain physical quality factors, and it is related to a relevant agricultural product species. .
- A basic understanding of the effects of certain chemical quality factors is demonstrated and it is related to a relevant agricultural product species.
- Physical and chemical knowledge regarding water quality attributes is demonstrated.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of water quality to agriculture.
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
It is assumed that a learner attempting this unit standard will show competence against the following unit standard, or equivalent:
- NQF1: Maintain basic water quality